Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hearing Him

Tonight as I was helping my husband enter some information for his business into our computer, I became saddened and frustrated over my inability to hear him. Friday a week ago, I suffered a sudden hearing loss. While sounds are not terribly distorted as has happened once before, everything is quieter, muffled. The most difficult person for me to hear at this time is the man I love and treasure.

Is this the way it is with God? The ringing in the ears of the earth's cares drown out the gentle whisper of the Holy Spirit. Focus is placed on the ringing, the frustration, the noise. Time is not taken to listen. How can it, when the noise is so deafening? Yet, truly, the noise must be filtered; the gems uncovered. Focus of the eyes and mind must be placed on our true Love so we can hear what He is trying to tell us.

For me, the benefit of times of trial and frustration is that it brings me even closer to Him. The ringing of the ears becomes tides of ocean waves in His presence. Yes, Lord, I hear you. Your servant is listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment