Thursday, September 3, 2009

Delight in His Commands

Ps. 111:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments; His praise endures forever.


Ps. 111:2 Great are the works of the Lord; They are studied by all who delight in them.





Knowing God involves learning about Him. Spend time in His Word. Learn His commands. As one puts forth this effort, the Lord gives them understanding, discernment, wisdom. Those who want to please God will study His commands. As they follow them, they will delight in them.





It is often said that the Bible is a textbook for life. Everything you need to know is there. Following God's commands provides the structure for us to be molded into kind, compassionate, strong, righteous people along the lines of fruit of the Spirit.





This has proved to be true in my life. Over the years, as I've submitted to His teaching, I can see where rough areas of my personality and heart have been chipped away, allowing more of Him to shine through. For those of you who know me, you know that I still have a LONG way to go. Thankfully, He's not finished with me yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment